Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

Wedding bliss in Cairns


Jetted off on Friday to Cairns to celebrate a good friends wedding in beautiful Cairns!
I was having such a great time at the wedding that I didn't take many photos and had to still a few off people (thanks friends xx)
It was the first time I had been any further than Noosa and absolutely loved it! The scenery reminded me of Jurassic park.. I kept my eye out for dinosaurs but never saw any...

We stayed at Rydges Tradewinds on the esplanade which had an amazing view out to the ocean, jurassic park hills and the airport.





The airport is super duper close to the hotels by the water only about 10 minutes and around $20-$25 for a taxi. It was the start of winter so I found it a little chilly on sundown but through the day it wasn't too bad.. shorts and long sleeve top for me.



It was mating season in Cairns and the bats were out in force! They were super duper noisy!! Must of been having a great time haha


Friday night we caught up with friends that were also there for the wedding and hung out at Rattle and Hum on the Esplanade. Cool little pub and when I say little I mean HUGE! It doesnt look like much from the front but once you enter it goes back a fair bit!


We were lucky and got the happy hour special which was between 5PM - 7PM so all our meals and drinks were a little cheaper which is always a bonus.
Friday night we also checked out the night markets which had alot of cool local produce, Aussie memorabilia and lots of cheap massages.





There is a really cool lagoon opposite all the restaurants along the esplanade so don't forget to head down and check that out! Plenty of places to have a BBQ and they also have lifeguards monitoring the pool which will come in handy if you eat to many sausages!!!






My favourite necklace - By Charlotte - and they have a SALE on at the moment!!


The wedding ceremony was at St Therese church in Edmonton which was about 15 minutes from Rydges and the reception was in the Trinity room at Rydges. I absolutely loved everything about the day and even more so that I was only a lift away from my room!!!

Sunday arvo we headed to the Courthouse on Abbott street opposite the Woolworth's (about a 5 minute walk from hotel). They had a band playing some cool chilled music and we enjoyed arvo dinner with a few drinks.





Something was clearly funnnyyyyyyy.... 





Waiting for the stunning bride to arrive!

Dress by: GetGorgeous
Shoes by: Peter Morrissey for BigW (see previous post - shows under $15!)
Bag by: YSL - Reebonz AU
Necklace - By Charlotte


The nervous wait for the boys......




Mr and Mrs YAY! 


Bridesmaid and I (how amazing is the peachy/pink colour!!!!)


You know your having an amazing night when you pull out the flats!!!


The STUNNING bride!!!

KK xx




No comments:

Post a Comment